The Fall time is a GREAT time to list your home! Spring time is usually known for the peek of real estate in terms of activity because more buyers are out looking and by default many are also wanting to sell their home around that same time.
So what’s that mean for Fall real estate?
Well, Fall may bring fewer buyers than spring but it can be a great thing because there is less competition for sellers and buyers are serious! Which is exactly what you want.
I am excited about Fall because for the first time in real estate history, it’s looking like Fall is becoming the new season to list and buy a home.
I have talked about why you should list in the Fall time, I want to now discuss why you should buy. Here are just a few awesome reasons why!
1. Less competition- Competition for houses drops off in the Fall time. Yay! So many people still believe that Fall time is the “Off season” BUT…. there are still homes for sale! & sometimes just as much inventory as there was during the spring and summer.
2. Sellers are ready to sell- Not all homes on the market in fall are summer leftovers. Some people need to sell in the fall because the timing is JUST right. There home just got done being built, they are starting a new job in the new year etc.
3. Tax breaks!- You can never escape paying income tax, but first time homebuyers can make a dent in what you owe! A financial tax expert named David Hryck said “Property tax and mortgage interest are both deductions you can take for your whole year’s worth of income, even if you closed on your home in December.” Good to know!
4. End of the year sales- Take full advantage of the end of the year sales to decorate your home. I know you love a good deal.
5. Move-in-dates are flexible- You heard right, sellers are more flexible! Sellers are more likely to work with you on a doable time frame. Most people do not want to move during the winter and the holidays which is why sellers are more flexible during this time of year.
Wanting to list your home this Fall? Let’s book an appointment.
Looking for a new home? Let’s start searching together.
I am always here to help you with your real estate needs this Fall.
Have a great week!