Location, Location, Location.
When researching the top things that people look for when deciding to live in a certain area, we found out that it might not be what you expect. As of 2016, here are the top five highest priority things that will make or break your move!
- High quality day care providers
- Access to organic foods
- Day/night life
Does the current city/town you live in have all 5? Out of the 5, which is the most important to you?
High quality day care providers – La Petite Academy
Leaving your child in the hands of another and feeling comfortable about the staff, location and facility is so important. When researching the top day care in Frederick County, we discovered La Petite Academy. La Petite Academy is the largest day care provider nationwide, with over 3 locations just in Frederick! They offer infant care all the way up to preschool & kindergarten prep, while also providing before and an after school program. With over 5 specialized programs, they are providing the highest quality in our community today. A place you can trust is La Petite Academy.
You can check them out here —> La Petite Academy
Access to organic foods- They are everywhere!
Food access is not simply a health issue but also a community development and equity issue. For this reason, access to healthy, affordable, and culturally appropriate food is a key component not only in a healthy, sustainable local food system, but also in a healthy, sustainable community.
Here are the TOP 3 places in Frederick, Maryland for local organic food.
- Wegmans- Partnering with local farmers to provide fresh organic vegetables and poultry. Visit here –> Wegmans
- Common Market- full service organic grocery store and health food center. Visit here –> Common Market
- Mom’s organic market- We stock a higher volume of organic products than any other store, including 100% organic produce. Visit here –> Moms Organic Market
Transportation- Public Transportation in Frederick County, providing public transportation to nearly 840,000 riders a year!
- TransIT provides public transit, paratransit and commuter services/employer outreach information throughout Frederick County, MD.
- MARC commuter rail, MTA commuter bus, Metrobus and Metrorail & other commute alternatives.
- Frederick Airport Shuttle Service
- Commuting to Rockville, Bethesda, Dc or Northern VA for work? Only 24.2 miles to the Shady grove metro station!
Day/night life- Plenty of that!
A few favorites are, golf resorts, over 15 public parks, 100 bike trails, wine trails, 6500 local businesses, 12 miles from shopping outlets, & the best– Downtown Frederick! (Over Over 50+ restaurants, shopping, theater shows, art festivals & much more!
Visit here —> Downtown Frederick
Safety- Rated on of the safest places to live nationwide!
In 2016, Frederick Maryland was ranked #9 (out 50) for one of the safest places to live in ALL of Maryland!
If you are considering moving to Frederick Maryland, Here are also the top safest communities to live in by rank:
- Westcott Circle/Brandord Lane
- Mount Pleasant/Daysville
- Ballenger Creek
- Fingerboard Road/Singleton Place
- Flint Hill/ Hope Hill
- Opossumtown Pike/ Amber Drive
- Spring Ridge
Considering living in Frederick, Maryland? It’s the best choice you can make for yourself or family! Have a wonderful week.